The Swedish Association of Clinical Dietitians (the Swedish abbreviation is ”DRF”) was founded in 1977 and is a member-funded professional association for registered dietitians. The majority of Sweden’s registered dietitians are members of our association.
”SUSTAINABLE NUTRITION FOR HEALTH THROUGHOUT LIFE”
Our vision guides the strategic work towards 2025, where dietitians and nutrition have an indisputable role in the development towards sustainable and equal health in the population.
Please note: the video is in Swedish
3 STRATEGIC AREAS
DRF has three strategic areas that will provide support in the work towards the vision:
- Lack of dietitians and lack of employments for dietitians
- Skills development and careers for dietitians
- The importance of healthy and sustainable eating habits – effect and benefit of the dietitian’s work
Our association operate on:
- Further develop and deepen the professional role of the dietitian
- Spread knowledge about how society can use the dietitian’s unique skills
- Develop and participate in the preventive health work in society and health care in terms of healthy lifestyles
- Initiate and support development and research projects in the field of nutrition
- Stimulate and actively participate in social debate in the subject area, where DRF is independent of companies and other organizations
- Further develop nutrition treatment within health care
All members constitute DRF and are thus in the center of the association. Anyone who wants can contribute by getting involved in, for example, DRF’s sections, working groups, project groups or local associations.
COLLABORATION WITH OTHER DIETITIAN AND NUTRITION ORGANIZATIONS
DRF is a member of the European Dietitian Organization EFAD (European Federation of the Associations of Dietitians), and of the International Dietitian Organization ICDA (International Confederation of Dietetics Associations).