The Swedish Association of Clinical Dietitians (the Swedish abbreviation is DRF) was founded in 1977 and is a member-funded professional association for registered dietitians within the trade union Naturvetarna. The majority of Sweden’s registered dietitians are members of DRF.
”SUSTAINABLE NUTRITION FOR HEALTH THROUGHOUT LIFE”
DRF’s vision guide the direction for the strategic work towards 2025, where dietitians and nutrition have an obvious place in the development towards sustainable and equal health in the population.
3 STRATEGIC AREAS
DRF has three strategic areas that will provide support in the work towards the vision:
- Lack of dietitians and lack of employments for dietitians
- Skills development and careers for dietitians
- The importance of healthy and sustainable eating habits – effect and benefit of the dietitian’s work
All members constitute DRF and are thus in the center of the association. Anyone who wants can contribute by getting involved in, for example, DRF’s sections, working groups, project groups or local associations.
COLLABORATION WITH OTHER DIETITIAN AND NUTRITION ORGANIZATIONS
DRF is a member of the European Dietitian Organization EFAD (European Federation of the Associations of Dietitians), and of the International Dietitian Organization ICDA (International Confederation of Dietetics Associations).
DRF operate on:
- Disseminate knowledge about how society can use the dietitian’s unique skills
- Further develop and deepen the professional role of the dietitian
- Further develop nutritional treatment in health care
- Develop and participate in preventive health work in society, as well as in health care, in terms of healthy eating habits and other lifestyle habits such as physical activity and alcohol consumption
- Initiate and support development and projects in the research field of nutrition
- Stimulate and actively participate in both public debate and medical debate in the subject area, where DRF is independent of companies and other organizations